National Prisoner Resource List
The National Prisoner Resource List (NPRL) provides information about places where prisoners and their families can find support, advocacy, health care information, and outlets for their creativity. It offers a much-needed lifeline to the outside community. The NPRL also contains information about protecting oneself from HIV, which is spreading like wildfire in prisons. We often hear from people that a resource on the NPRL helped them get the services they needed or simply made them feel less hopeless because they found someplace to turn for support.
The NPRL is sent to prisoners upon request. There is no charge for it. It is also available below in a regular and large-print version for families and friends to print and mail to their loved ones.
Resource Lists from Other Groups
- The Prison Activist Resource Center’s Prisoner Resource List: https://www.prisonactivist.org/resources
- The Inside Books Project’s (Austin, TX) Prisoners’ Resource List: http://insidebooksproject.org/resource-guide/
- Bar None’s Prisoner Resource List: http://barnonearcata.blogspot.com/p/prisoner-resource-list.html
- Source Point Global Outreach: http://sourcepointglobaloutreach.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Resource-Directory-for-Prisoners-10-5-15.pdf
- Americans for Open Records Prisoner Resource List: http://www.amfor.net/prisoners/prisonres.html
- Black & Pink’s LGBTQ Prisoner Resource List: http://www.blackandpink.org/wp-content/upLoads/BP-LGBTQ-Prisoner-Resource-List1.pdf
- Fair Shake Re-entry Resources: https://www.fairshake.net/reentry-resources/get-involved/send-books/